The only essential piece of protective gear you need for rugby. Youth-sized, boil-n-bite, moldable mouthguard from Franklin Sports.
- Youth-sized, unisex mouthguard
- Deluxe, latex-free, dual-density material
- Raised dual posterior impact pads
- Breathing channel vents on the front
- Boil-and-Bite fitting
- $5,000 dental warranty from the manufacturer
- Detachable strap
- PRO TIP - While a strap is not needed for rugby (meant to attach to a facemask), it actually makes for a handy tool when molding the mouthguard. Attach the strap and dip in boiling water to soften.
WHY WE LIKE THIS MOUTHGUARD - Please note that NO mouthguard can completely eliminate damage to teeth or concussions. There are SOME concussions that can result from the collision of the rear teeth and the resulting shock wave to the brain. We like the additional bumpers (at the back of the mouthguard) which offers some additional absorption of energy between the back teeth.
MOLDING ADVICE - First, please take care when working with hot mouthguard; they can, of course, scald. Follow manufacturer directions on the package, but for an ideal fit we recommend forming the mouthguard two or three times instead of once. Also, suck on the mouthguard when it's in the mouth to form the material around teeth AND gums. Molding it multiple times improves the fit and you should be able to talk relatively clearly with the mouthguard in.